forum
Generalchevron_right "Bulk upload"
Join the discussion, post a message
access_time

Hi,

Is there a way to bulk upload the wallpapers?

access_time

do you mean to resize? to make it bigger?

access_time

Nope. I meant uploading of all the files in a folder rather than doing one-by-one.

access_time

sure you can, i mean, i don't know max number's which one, but once you click on ad files from the upload page, instead to select only one picture select many and than open....each one of them will be shown and ready to be tagged for the upload

access_time

Written by noeleon - View original

Hi,

Is there a way to bulk upload the wallpapers?

If you mean bulk upload wallpapers without chosing at least a category for each of them, it's not possible. Anyway you can add as many wallpapers as you want to the uploader, but keep in mind that you have to chose a category for every wallpaper (and if you could add some tags it would be great, since untagged wallpapers won't be displayed in searches).

access_time

Oh cool. Thanks Shaolon.

access_time

Thanks admin. I was looking to select a file folder and all the wallpapers in it to be uploaded.

Also, it would be nice to know who has favorited,dowloaded etc your wallpaper, even it were to be done by an anonymous. Pls check whether this feature could be added. Thanks.

Shaolon  - Last edited 3 years ago
access_time

this feature is already available; once you click on an image preview, if you notice, at the upper right side there is an arrow, click on it and all the informations you are searching for will be displayed

access_time

What i would like to be added is to be able to know how many views/downloads an image has gotten, just from the preview, simply moving the mouse cursor on it...

access_time

Thanks Shaolon. But I was looking for a feature as to who, being a member of not, has downloaded/favorited your wall. Right now it just a summary.

WallpaperUP  - Last edited 3 years ago
access_time

Regarding favourites you'll get a notification every time some member adds one of your wallpapers into his favourites.

Regarding downloads and views there are only the brief summary Shaolon told you, and some more general statistics in your administration page. Maybe single notifications for downloads will be added in the future, but don't expect them anytime soon.

Also, I want to highlight that those numbers displayed into wallpapers' pages are cached for a week, so you can even refresh the page, another view will be counted but the number displayed will be the same for a week. This way we can have a very snappy website.

access_time

i understand now, it's exactly the feature Wallbase has...will be really cool...let's hope the admin will work on it than Grin

access_time

I'm not totally sure about this though. It could be nice for people with a relatively small number of wallpapers, but for example thegates right now uploaded 150k wallpapers here, and he got 4 million downloads since the beginning. An average of 10k downloads every day I guess, in this case having 10k notifications won't be suitable at all in my opinion, and probably something like "This wallpaper has been downloaded N times" will likewise produce a huge number of notification aswell. In this specific case I think that the only possible solution would be to have a single number representing downloads on a day basis, that is exactly what our statistics do right now.

If you have other options I'll be happy to listen to them Grin