forum
Generalchevron_right "Resolutions ??"
Join the discussion, post a message
more_vert

Love the new design but why can´t I choose resolutions of the pictures I want to download anymore? This was one of the best features for me. Is this comming back later oder gone for good ?

more_vert

Yes, this is the only thing I miss also after new change.

more_vert

Unfortunately I must say without the possibility to choose resolutions this site has become a just collection of, admittingly, great pictures. But the natural resolutions don´t fit well on a desktop and the aspect ratio doesn´t work either. And I simply don´t have the time to crop ever picture manual. That´s what I loved about the old site, one click and you got your pic. If this stays like it is now I´m gone. Don´t get me wrong I know how many time and effort is nessecary to make this all work and I appreciate that but would you use something that doesn´t work for you ?

more_vert

I agree with resolution comment, but I am not leaving.

more_vert

I think site views will go down because of this issue.

more_vert

I might add this feature again if I find a cleaner way to implement it, and a good enough reason for having it.

What's the problem with letting the OS adapt the wallpaper for you?

more_vert

How many other wallpaper sites have a downloader like this?. Very few. This downloader is not desktop/laptop user friendly at all. People want to choose their own options for downloading, not a bot to do it for them. The few wallpaper sites with downloaders like this aren't popular at all. Check it out for yourself. I skip sites that have downloaders like this.

more_vert

If you want a professional opinion, ask David West.

more_vert

Every other wallpaper site I ever have been lets you choose the resolution you like. That doesn´t mean you always get the native one to your desktop. That´s OK by me, then I skip the picture. When I have a picture in anything bigger than my native resolution, say 4200*2800, I have two options. I can center the pic which results in not having the whole pic displayed, only the center part. Or I can fit the pic which results in bars on either sides. Both options are not satisfactory. I don´t know the technical side involved to offer this option but basic fact is that this site is now missing a vital option all the others have.

more_vert

I still believe that letting the OS perform the task for you is better, but given the high demand for this feature I think I'll try to add an option for it during the following days.

more_vert

That would be much appreciated, thanks.

more_vert

I've added a beta version of it, which will probably be improved in the future, but works good enough for the moment IMO.

The thing takes a whole page for itself. You'll see a "3 vertical dots" icon next to the download button, which is effectively a link to the page for downloading a wallpaper at a particular resolution. We support both "standard" resolutions and custom ones.

Bonus tip: whenever possible the button corresponding to your screen resolution will get highlighted, for easier finding.

Let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions on the matter.

more_vert

Works great, thanks a lot. I don´t mind the extra page. If anything the highliting of the resolution button is a bit small. But that´s not really an issue since everyone should know what resolution he has. Again, thank you. This is so much better.