wallpaperup.com was created on December 4th, 2011. It's an image sharing network, completely community-driven. In fact, users upload wallpapers, tag them, categorize them and even delete them if they don't respect our rules. If you like the idea you might consider signing up.
Each user has a personal profile, favorites, achievements and other intresting things, take a look at the admin's profile.
The wallpapers are highly categorized, each wallpaper has its own title, category and some tags, which are required for the search engine to work. Optionally they can also have a description and a license specified.
We take copyright violations very seriously, read our policy on the matter.
You can find WallpaperUP on the internet at the following accounts:
wallpaperup.com uses the latest technologies in order to provide the best service to our users. Historically it was created using a script called w-script, which is no longer mantained.
It currently uses the following technologies:
- PHP for the back-end logic.
- Codeigniter, simple and lightweight framework.
- MySQL for the database.
- Sphinx for search-related functionalities.
- jQuery, a library that provides an abstraction for working with the DOM and much more.
- Modernizr, a staple for browser feature-detection.
- Svelto, a modular framework for modern browsers.
- Emojione as our emoji set of choice.
If you find a bug please report it to us using the contact form. It will be fixed as soon as possible.