- Can I use an image in my project?
- An image has a Creative Commons license specified, can I use it?
- An image has its license "not specified", what does it mean?
- How do I contact the author of an image?
- Can I upload my own wallpapers?
- What are the rules for uploading?
- How can I upload without waiting a review of my wallpapers? How do I become a trusted member?
- Can I track my wallpapers statistics?
It depends on how that particular image is licensed. In general, in these kind of situations, you should always ask the copyright holder of that image for the proper rights that you need.
Read the following question on how to contact the author of an image.
It depends on the license and the use you want to do of it. Click on the "" icon next to it to read more about the license.
Keep in mind that if you see a Creative Commons license specified in a wallpaper page it may still be possible that the uploader, in violation of our terms and the law, specified the license in question without having the right to do so.
In general you should always get a written permission from the copyright holder, we do not currently provide a financial insurance in any case, even if the information displayed is wrong or inaccurate.
It means that the uploader of that particular image didn't tell us, at the moment of uploading it, what the license of that image is. The ability to specify a license wasn't available on this website on its early days, so maybe that's why the uploader didn't give us more informations about the license.
If you'd like to use your image in your project you should read the related question.
In case the uploader doesn't answer your message in a timely manner, you may try to perform a reverse image search on Google of that image, it may lead you to the first website where that image has been posted (probably the author's website).
There are a lot of things that you could do as a member, here are some examples:
- Download hundreds of wallpapers every day
- Save favorites and create favorites' collections
- Upload wallpapers you own
- Send messages to other members
- Write in the forum
- Edit wallpapers' tags
- Edit wallpapers' category
- Collect achievements
Convinced? Sign up now!
We have a total of 102 achievements, divided into 4 groups:
- Contributions - Your contributions to the community
- User centered - See how much you are ingrained here
- Uploads centered - How popular your wallpapers are
- Single shot - Things to do at least once
Every achievement is worth a number of points, that go from 1 to 9, for a total of 498 points. Based on these points we have a global ranking where every member with at least 1 point will be listed in.
Global ranking is updated every 3 days automatically. An achievement might be removed if the member doesn't have the requirements anymore.
This is an example page. If an achievement has a darker icon it means that it has not been achieved yet.
As features number grows new achievements could be added in the future! If you think there are some achievements missing don't hesitate to contact us.
WallpaperUP is all about high quality images and respect of their owners' rights, so there are some rules to follow:
- You must be allowed to upload that image. For instance you should be the author of it or get the consent from its owner, unless the image is in the public domain
- If you specify a license and you're not the copyright holder, be sure to specify the right license
- Every wallpaper must be not less than 1440x900
- Put a small image into a bigger frame to overcome the previous rule is disallowed
- Low quality and bad photos are not allowed, this is not Instagram
- Private photos are not allowed
- Any sort of porn or nudity is not allowed
- Wallpapers that promote hate, violence and/or racism are disallowed
- Wallpapers must be suitable for work and kids. Moderators can reject even women in lingerie or bikini
- The maximum allowed size is 50MB
Wallpapers need to be approved by a moderator before becoming publicly visible, unless you are a trusted member.
Normal members have to wait for a review of their wallpapers by a moderator before they become publicly visible. Trusted members do not have to wait such reviews.
To become a trusted member you have to upload around 250 wallpapers and don't get any of them rejected. In general after a while we'll notice you and you'll get the "trusted" status.
If you think you already proved your respect of the rules and you uploaded enough wallpapers but you still don't have the "trusted" status you should contact us and we'll review your situation.
Yes, every wallpaper has it's own statistics, you can view some of them like: views, downloads and favorites just by opening that wallpaper's page.
There are some other statistics that you can view in your statistics page.
Yes, but you have to be a member. Tags are needed for our search engine, read more about how it works.
Yes, but you have to be a member.