Bugs "sign out"
Join the discussion, post a message

I become logged out not due to me when I go to the latest wallpaper page

it fixed itself :+1:

Weird, how did it happen exactly, you loaded a page and you were signed out, then refreshed it and were back logged in? :thinking_face:

exactly. it is still happening. sometimes on latest page. it happened when i went to your profile also.

Can you try to manually log out and then back in and see if the problem continues to manifest itself?

earlier it did. i don't see the problem anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

darn, it's still doing it. :sob:

seems to be getting worse for me. i can't stay signed in alot.

I think I've just fixed this. It might happen again for the next 30 minutes or so, but then it should work properly.

In case you were wondering, this is what I think it was necessary in order to reproduce the bug:

• Log out.
  • Load the /latest page.
  • Now since you are no longer logged in you're being served a cached version of the page (for performance reasons), which is refreshed every 30 minutes. This means you'll have to wait 15 minutes ( you mentioned this exact figure to me, good catch ;) ), on average, in order to get a new version of the page.
  • Now the crucial part: not only you're being served a cached version of the page, since the website knows when it will be refreshed it tells your browser to not even ask for a new version of it until that time.
  • Log back in.
  • Load the /latest page. The browser still thinks there's no need to ask for a fresh version of the page, so it doesn't bother. That's why before the fix I've just pushed a logged user could have seen pages as if he/she was unlogged.

You also mentioned to me that this problem manifested itself about a year ago. Well, exactly 1 year and 9 days ago I've made a change: from that day on after logging out you were being redirected to the page you were before, instead of the log in page. This means that if you logged out while browsing /latest you would have found this bug immediately.

Thanks for the incredibly accurate information :clap:

This took a while, but better late than never, I guess :sweat_smile:

3 cheers to you Sir!!!! :grin: :+1: